Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dragon Ball Z Hercules

"Coriolanus" WINS BERLIN

warm welcome yesterday's directorial debut for British actor Ralph Fiennes with the film " Coriolanus," in competition for the Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival 61 ° . Adapted from Shakespeare's tragedy and written by John Logan ( Gladiator, The Aviator ), the hero of ancient Rome Martius Coriolanus , played by Fiennes himself, lives today in a climate of war and rebellion on live TV.

A harsh and often violent film, shot in Serbia, which has attracted some curiosity in the choice of environment in recent times and both the will to preserve the original dialogues in the language of the Bard: A choice question which has aroused great interest but has not met the approval of all.
"When I started designing I thought about my film set in ancient Rome, but in recent years the economic and social situation has influenced me so much driven to work on a contemporary adaptation. ", Fiennes said during the press conference. " Plus, I was influenced by Buz Luhrmann's Romeo & Juliet and a stage version in a contemporary of Julius Caesar directed by a great author. Shakespeare moves a lot of questions, makes us reflect on the contradictions of political errors made by the rulers and those who win positions of power. In this sense his reflection is always very current. "

in the shoes of his opponent Tullus Aufidius , chief Volsci, Scottish actor Gerard Butler, no stranger to macho roles (he was in Leonidas 300), here in a more complex role: "Actually this is a role for me a bit 'too intellectual. ," Butler joked. "People tend to remember mostly in romantic roles, but I wanted to try something different and when I read the script of Coriolanus I found it incredible. In the past I had also played Coriolanus at the theater, was a the first paid engagements as an actor, so when I have had this occasion I decided to take it on the fly. "
The story takes body and soul during fighting between two factions, in which the two leaders excel Aufidius and Coriolanus, which later they will be fighting side by side against Roma.
"I knew that Coriolanus required the presence of a real enemy, its height, a strong male figure and able to combat it. I think the erotic tension and the bond issue between Coriolanus and Aufidius are already contained in Shakespeare. We will We just gutted and made visible. " says Fiennes.

as the mother of Coriolanus, Volumnia , intense Vanessa Redgrave. A character is not easy and often unpleasant that Redgrave described thus: "A woman for whom the nation and the family are the same. The cast and crew have created an environment of creativity and serenity that allow me to express myself best by infusing roughness and weaknesses to a woman who is preparing for his son's death. The loss of a son and sacrifice for their country are well known concepts to the families of soldiers who fought in various wars and I tried to play this type of ideology, this mentality is difficult to understand in my character. "

present at the press conference, the actress Jessica Chastain ( Virgilia in the film) and screenwriter John Logan .
Two hours of wars, rebellions and processes of state for a film project is ambitious, but cruelly tied to the reality of our day. A portrait of a ruthless and extreme potential companies international politics.



0 comments:

Post a Comment